Sunday 24 February 2008

My Home - The Candle Shop - York

Hello, how nice to see you, I do enjoy a good visit...........
Today was an exciting day for us tarts - we're the beautifully fragrant young things that everyone has a passion about ........ you'll know us if you've visited, made by the Yankee Candle Company and displayed in all our finery by Jean and John in Stonegate!!
Well, we've been on the move all day - some elegant young new arrivals wanted space in the trays and a few poor dears had to move out to the "Discontinued" shelves ....... oh the ignomy of it all, no wonder we had the vapours - I almost melted myself, and me nearest the front door too with plenty of fresh yorkshire air to keep me cool!!
"Good Morning" has been sweltering all day in the Electric Tart Warmer and poor "Clean Cotton" almost ran out, I heard John cursing that the Samplers were taking over all the space and worried that I too might be packed off to "Discontinued Discord"...... but I made it to the end of the day and reassured "Midnight Jasmine" that a tart's life could be fun despite the jostling and rough handling of the customers.
Poor "Freesia" has gone you know, several customers complained and asked what they could do to find a touch of Spring - that strangely red-faced young "Evening Primrose" and a very pansy-like "Sweet Violet" were pressganged into service in a hurry (most unladylike if you ask me - !!).
I don't know what tomorrow will bring - Jean is apparently determined to give pride of place to her new Bath and Jug, whatever they are, and we've heard that Pot Pourri is piled high in the cellar and is going to be given some of our space on the shelves. What will become of us all? I'm close to break-down again, I'm coming over all squishy and fragrant - and no wonder - I ask you - how's a young lady to cope????

No comments: